I’m not really one to make New Year Resolutions, mostly because I’m a pretty driven and I’m a lifetime goal oriented person to begin with. All year long I mentally set goals for myself and talk about the future with my husband. But my husband and others would say that if you don’t write your goals down then you really aren’t committing to make them happen and I suppose they are right. So for 2012 what are a few of the things I would like to accomplish???
1) Finish reading my pile of books/cookbooks before the summer starts. I typically get a lot of reading done in the winter but my pile is pretty high right now. So in order to get that big pile completed before the busy food preservation season starts again I’ll have to say “no” to a few movies (the main distraction that my husband and I allow ourselves).
2) Do a good job of eating up all the food I’ve squirreled away. Not only is it a good idea for food rotation aspects but I find it a fun challenge to eat up everything before the next year of preservation. Next time I’m being impulsive in the grocery store I need to remember that I have a freezer, canning closet & pantry with lots of food.
3) Start running and lifting weights on a regular basis. Ever since being out of sports in high school I’ve never been consistent with exercising. We have a great setup in our apartment so I need to stop using it as an extra closet/storage area 🙂
4) Be a better friend, spouse and family member. I’m very content to just be by myself so I need to make a point to work on relationships. Working many hours at my retail store has been my main excuse in the past few years. This year I’d like to have more people over for meals, call others to see if they’d like to go foraging or can with me and maybe even call up a girlfriend to go out for a drink and talk (something that I’m not very good at).
5) And last on this list (but #1 in reality) is to spend more time in devotions, praying and being a better community member in my church family.
If you want to hold me accountable to any of these goals I’d love for you to ask how it’s going throughout the year! Just comment here, talk on Facebook, shoot me an e-mail or call if you know me. 🙂
Here’s to a happy, healthy & prosperous 2012!