My husband just turned 30 and since we’re both busy business owners we thought it would be fun to celebrate with lots of our friends. But what do you do when you don’t have a big home or a budget to rent an event space?
A week long party, that’s what! I scheduled out our friends to come in groups of 8-10 to our apartment Monday-Friday and then on Saturday we crashed my parent’s house to celebrate with all the family. But then the next question is what do we serve? How about my husband’s favorite food? Pizza it is! He would eat it every night if I let him so why not celebrate his love for pizza and have it all week 🙂
So the prep began…. I needed to figure out how many pizzas I would have to make and all the fixin’s. The Saturday and Sunday afternoon before the Birthday Bash were filled with running final errands, par baking crusts, cutting ingredients, sauteing vegetables, raiding my canning pantry, shredding cheese, baking cakes and I’m sure a few other things I’ve forgotten by now.
Having everything prepped and ready to go made it super easy for me to come home from the store, top & bake the pizzas and then welcome in our friends. It went well and I’m not even sick of eating pizza yet, sounds like I know what I’m having for breakfast!
Happy Birthday Honey, I hope you had a fun week!
— If you’re interested in recipes and other details from this pizza party! —
– Pizza Dough: I used 00 Flour and par baked for 8 minutes, they kept well in the fridge for 4 days and I froze the second half of the week’s crusts. Shout out to my Mom for making all the dough for me, thanks!
– Sauces: arugula pesto, artichoke-lemon pesto, spicy tomato sauce, mango tomato sauce, sundried tomato sauce & peach bbq sauce
– Cheeses: a mix of yogurt cheese & Lifeline Mozzarella (a great local, organic dairy)
– Meats: pepperoni, coppa, local roasted turkey & shredded skirt steak from my parent’s cow
– Toppings: roasted peppers, black olives, artichoke hearts, local hot peppers, local wild chanterelle & king bolete mushrooms & a Liguarian spice blend
– Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake: I made it in 2-9″ cake pans and substituted butter & rapadura sugar. It was sure tasty topped with a berry compote, whipped cream & chocolate sauce!